Y’all. It’s been six weeks since I last updated. I apologize for that, but the past six weeks have been pretty insane, so I think I have a good excuse.
In the past six weeks I…
- Wrapped up my internship at Willamette
- Moved back to Texas
- Unpacked my room from the bed beg incident and got a new bed sans bed bugs!
- Welcomed three new roommates into my apartment
- Starting forming friendships and relationships with all sorts of new people
- Ate Yogurtland four times in one week
- Started a new job
- Moved into a new office
- Started a new internship
- Went to Galveston with my family to celebrate my mom’s doctorate degree
- Got new glasses
- Started calling freshmen I’ve never met to invite them to church
- Got a cat
- Reunited with my worship band friends and played during the first college-only service at church
- Started my last year in grad school
- Went to Hipster Prom
- Have attempted to develop new healthy study habits
- Did a lot of other things that I can’t even remember because it’s been such a crazy six weeks
So there you have it. My excuses for not blogging. The problem is that I want to blog about all of it! Don’t you want to know how my last two weeks in Oregon were sans bike? Don’t you want to know about my new kitty? Don’t you want to know about how this semester is going to be amazingly challenging and rewarding and an entirely new experience in a familiar setting? Don’t you want to know what Hipster Prom is?
Well, maybe you don’t care that much. But I do because I want to intentionally document this time in my life because, y’all, it’s getting a little crazy! I was just emailing my missionary-friend-in-Africa John about my life, and all I could say was, “EVERYTHING IS NEW.” I could be super spiritual right now and say something like, “Behold, I am making all things new,” but I’m pretty sure Jesus wasn’t talking about my new job and roommates.
Anyway. Look for updates soon. Because even though my Google calendar is pretty much a solid block of colored squares at this point, I will make time to blog!
Famous last words…