I don’t really fail at being a magazine major because I’m taking three magazine classes and loving them all, but I have failed at reading my magazines.
See, last year I started my magazine subscription obsession because I had to subscribe to a monthly and a weekly for my design class. Since then I have expanded my selection.
Unfortunately this semester I have started to fall miserably behind. I think it’s because I started off the semester with magazine baggage leftover from the summer. LT was much busier than anticipated, and I never got around to reading some of my Texas Monthlys and Real Simples. And then this semester started, and I just couldn’t keep up!
And thus, this gargantuan stack sits on my end table, beckoning for me to catch up.
- Four issues of Real Simple
- Three issues of Texas Monthly
- Two issues of Entertainment Weekly
- Two issues of Relevant
- Four issues of Rolling Stone (I got the subscription for a few dollars on Amazon)
- One issue of Vanity Fair (I had to buy it for class)
- One issue of Essence (I had to buy it for class)
- One issue of Marie Claire (I had to buy it for class)
- One issue of Cosmopolitan (I had to buy it for class; annoyed about that)
And because I’m the kind of person who can’t give up on things and must always finish things I start, this is my goal for Christmas break: